When: February 26 – March 3, 2017
Cost: $1995 (until 12/1/16) Lodging included, 2 instructors, transportation to all shooting locations
Joshua Tree National Park Welome to our weekend workshop in Joshua Tree National Park
Explore slide show 1-1-11
Explore slide show 1-1-13
Explore slide show 1-1-12
Explore Photography Workshops is offering you a week full of desert Photography
- The workshop is designed to give you the maximum amount of photo time. unlike a weekend program we have plenty of time to develop our subject and capture the true beauty of the desert
- For photographers of any skill level
- Our goal is to make sure you learn how to make sharp, colorful, well-composed images
- hands on instruction
- classroom post processing techniques
- We have scheduled this worksop so the skies will be dark and the stars bright
beautiful Joshua Tree National Park, California!
Two deserts, one park, this is Joshua Tree National Park. There are few places where you can photograph two vastly different desert environments in one day. The two deserts are defined by elevation, the high desert is part of the Mojave Desert here you will find the parks name sake the Joshua Tree, you will have the chance to photograph this tree in all of its twisted glory. The tallest Joshua tree in the world is also located here in the park estimated to be 385 years old. The Colorado desert is the low desert and starts below 3000 feet elevation. The lower desert is hotter and dryer and this is where you will find the Cholla Cactus, at sunrise and sunset the spines of the cactus light up and almost look like they are glowing.
This workshop will allow you to explore some of the most gorgeous photographic nooks and crannies that Joshua Tree National Park has to offer.
Join photographers Joe Cosentino and Sonny Portacio on a memorable photo adventure where you’ll learn tips, tricks, techniques and strategies that will help you capture some of the most breathtaking images you have ever taken.
Days & Times:
5 day workshop
Sunday February 26th to Friday March 3, 2017
Fee: $2100 including room
Early sign up before 12/1/16 –
$2095 register before December 1, 2016 for only $1995
Our alumni Special price is– $1895 Early signup
- Hotel room – Holiday Inn Express in Twentynine Palms, Ca.
- Hands-on shoot time with instructors
- Workflow, field and classroom sessions
- Snacks and beverages during photo excursions
- All hands-on field and classroom instruction
- Transportation to shooting locations
- transportation to the workshop
- Meals, Hotel has breakfast from 5:30 to 9:30 everyday (we will return after our morning photo session for breakfast and classroom time
Space is limited BOOK NOW, Class size is limited to 10 students
We keep our workshop size small for effective hands-on, personal instruction.
Hotel / Venue:
Holiday Inn Express (4.75 stars)
Twentynine Palms/Joshua Tree National Park
72535 Twentynine Palms Hwy
Twentynine Palms, California 92277
The Holiday Inn Express Twentynine Palms/Joshua Tree hotel is situated along Highway 62 and provides easy access to the National parks entrance.
Hotel also offers:
- Free Hot Express Breakfast Bar
- Business Center with printer, copy machine, and computers
- Fitness Center with treadmill, elliptical, stationary bike and free weights
- Daily housekeeping
- Onsite self-laundry facilities
- Guest Laundry
- Gift Shop 24 Hours
- Hair Dryer
- Iron & Ironing Board
- In-room safe
CANCELLATION AND REFUND POLICY:
Workshops in the United States:
Prior to 90 days of workshop starting date, are refunded less $75 processing fee.
Between 60-90 days of workshop starting date, are refunded 50% of workshop fee.
Cancellations made 60 days or fewer from the start date of the workshop are non-refundable.
You are encouraged to purchase trip-insurance to protect your investment in case of an unforseen emergency or situation that requires you to cancel. (We offer links to several travel insurance companies, we have no working/professional relationship with any of the companies mentioned on our travel information page)
Participants who cancel prior to February 1, 2016 will be refunded their workshop tuition less a 10% cancellation fee. Cancellations after Feburary 2, 2016 are non-refundable, unless the workshop sells out. If your space is filled you will be refunded your workshop tuition less a 10% cancellation fee.